Disaster Recovery (DR)Â Assessments
Why Do It?
Data is at the core of your business. Your emails, customer records, documents, and invoices â€“ theyâ€™re all data you canâ€™t do without! On top of that, there are regulations that your business might have to comply with:Â HIPAA, PCI, FISMA, SOX, NIST, etc.
Digital data is rapidly growing at a rate of 80% each year. Â According to a industry survey of more than 1,000 small businesses:
- 40% of Small and Medium Sized Businesses don't back up their data at all
- 60% of all data is held on PC Desktops and laptops
- 2,000 laptops are stolen or lost every day
- A hard drive crashes every 15 seconds
Data Loss Will Happen
A data disaster can be crippling for a business, and the cost of downtime is typically in tens of thousands of dollars!
- The overall average failure rate of disk and tape drives is 100% - all drives eventually fail
- Recreating data from scratch is estimated to cost between $2000 and $8000 per MB
- 60% of companies that lose their data close down within 6 months of the disaster
- 72% of businesses that suffer major data loss disappear within 24 months
- Cost of upgrading to new backup tape system as your data grow
- Cost of rotating and storing backup tapes off-site
- Cost of managing and maintaining a backup tape system
DR Assessment Methodology:
At no charge, one of our Data Protection Specialists will evaluate the current state of your backups, including:
- Your current data protection, including backup and restore procedures, tape rotations and maintenance schedule to see if there is any exposure ofÂ your dataâ€™s security.
- Policy and procedures for storage and transportation of data.
- Your network backup to make sure they are accurately backing up all of the business critical files and data.
After weâ€™ve gathered all the information, weâ€™ll create an easy-to-understand report outlining our findings and explain in plain English where your risks are. Â We'll work with you toÂ assessÂ the cost of the risks vs. the cost of managing those risks, and provide you with an action plan for further securing your data.