Business-grade File Sync and Share
ShareSync delivers an easy-to-use, business-grade file sync and share service to small and medium-sized businesses via the cloud.
ShareSync can help improve productivity for mobile employees and remote users, it helps boost collaboration, while offering full control and protection of company data.
- Simple Internal and External Sharing
- Strict Control over Permissions and Access
- Syncing and Sharing on PC, Mac, iOS, Android, and more
- At-rest and in-Transit Encryption for regulatory compliance
- Integrate with Office and Outlook
- Integrate with Active Directory for Simple management and Control
- 99.999% Uptime.
ShareSync vs. file servers: what's the difference?
On-premises file servers are the traditional choice. They provide a central file repository, shared access and IT control over access permissions.Â File serversÂ work very well within the four walls of an organization.Â However:
- Remote access to files is a challenge - It typically requires a VPN (Virtual Private Network) connection. This in turn requires IT to set up a VPN server and firewall and installing VPN client software on all devices accessing the file server.
- Cross-platform support is a challenge - Support for the file server is generally limited to devices running the same operating system, e.g. Windows.
In the face of these limitations, there is no easy way to collaborate with individuals outside the organizationâ€”such as partners, suppliers or customersâ€”without heavy IT coordination and effort.
Another drawback is that organizations have to purchase and maintain the hardware and software to operate a file server. In addition to the capital expenditure, this incurs ongoing electric, real estate and maintenance costs.
Like traditional file servers, cloud-based file sync & share services provide a shared, centralized file repository. The difference is these services are easily accessed from any location or device, which facilitates the needs of a far wider scope of users, devices and capabilities.
- It is just as easy to support users inside an organization as outside.
- Users, partners, suppliers and customers can all connect without a VPN.
- Cloud file sync & share supports a wider range of mobile and computing devices, such as iPhone, Windows Phone, Android and Blackberry.
- The service provider maintains the hardware and software, so customers are relieved of that overhead and expense. Instead, they pay a monthly fee.
The advantages of cloud file sync & share serviceâ€”mobility, cost-effectiveness, external sharing and easy collaborationâ€”make it a superior solution for file sharing. The broader scope and ease of collaboration allows workers and businesses to be more productive.read more
Cloud file sharing: business vs. consumer
Not all cloud services are created equal. Some service are built for consumersâ€”and these services often fall short of business-grade protection and flexibility.
Consumer-grade cloud services are low-cost. Sometimes theyâ€™re even free. And theyâ€™re designed to be very easy to use. Their evolution has been driven by the ever-growing need for easy access to digital files. Because theyâ€™re so simple and so affordable, these file sharing services have become very popular, even in business.
Without these features, file sharing is risky for businesses due to the potential for downtime, data leakage and inability to adhere to IT polices.
Business-grade cloud file sync & share services offer much better security, support, uptime, and control. Many good business solutions are available on the market. However, they are not free (quality never is!) and feature sets and pricing vary significantly.
ShareSync vs. Box, Dropbox, OneDrive?
See how we compare against other file sync and share solutions.
ShareSync covers your HIPAA needs
For healthcare providers or organizations that work with Protected Health Information (PHI), See how ShareSync complies with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA).